Dear NASIG Community,
The NASIG Board met on Tuesday to discuss plans for the annual conference in light of the worsening coronavirus crisis. Any major changes to the event will be complex and potentially costly, so we need to practice due diligence as we figure out how best to handle the situation. Luckily, the conference is still more than two months away, which gives us time to evaluate our options in a calm and thoughtful manner. I regret that we can’t provide a more definite decision at this time, but please know that we are doing all we can to address the situation in a way that will be the most beneficial to our membership.
One thing that the Board has unanimously agreed on is our desire not to see the work that’s already gone into this year’s conference wasted. So regardless of what happens with the face-to-face meeting, we will plan to offer an online option. The exact details of the online meeting are still being determined, but we will share more information as soon as it’s known.
Thank you for your membership and understanding during these challenging times. If you have questions or concerns, please reach out to the board at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Kristen Wilson on behalf of the NASIG Executive Board