The NASIG Newsletter regularly publishes reports covering conference sessions in the September issue. We are soliciting your help in covering the sessions at the 2019 Conference in Pittsburgh, PA for inclusion in the Newsletter. We would like to cover all sessions.
If you are planning to attend the conference and are interested in submitting a report on a session, please contact Marsha Seamans.
Please indicate the session(s) that you would like to cover. The current list is attached in this email. Program descriptions are available in Sched.
The following guidelines will apply:
- The reporter’s name will appear in the byline as the author of the report.
- The deadline for submitting a Newsletterconference report is July 6, 2019 (about 3-4 weeks after the conference) for inclusion in the September issue.
- Reports are generally summaries of presentations and may vary somewhat in length, scope, and depth of coverage, at the reporters’ discretions; reports must be full prose (not outlines or written out notes) and between 250-500 words.
- The NewsletterEditorial Board reserves the right to edit reports to any degree, or to not publish any report it deems inappropriate or unsatisfactory.
- Reporting for the Newsletteris not the same as recording for the Conference Proceedings; Newsletter reports are generally less substantial than articles in the Proceedings. Focus your report on a few session highlights that would be of interest to our readers.
- NASIG members, and especially the NewsletterEditorial Board, will be very appreciative and grateful for your report!
All the best,
Director, Cataloging & Database Integrity
University of Kentucky
NASIG Newsletter Conference Editor