NASIG is soliciting proposals for its 34th Annual Conference, to be held June 5-8, 2019, in Pittsburgh, PA.
NASIG is seeking proposals for 1-hour conference sessions on topics related to scholarly communication and publishing, and the acquisition, management, and discovery of library collections. We particularly welcome proposals related to the areas defined in NASIG’s Core Competencies, including:
- Management of electronic and/or print serial resources
- Licensing of library content
- Collection analysis and development
- Standards and systems of cataloging and classification, metadata, and indexing
- Standards, initiatives, and best practices for library content
- Scholarly communication (copyright, institutional repositories, publishing, data management)
- Relationship building between libraries, vendors, publishers, standards bodies, and others involved in the information community
- Supervision and management of staff and projects in areas relevant to NASIG.
Each 1-hour session should include approximately 45-50 minutes of content, with time left for discussion. Presentations are selected by the Program Planning Committee based on their relevance to conference topics. Co-presenters are welcomed, but we ask that you limit submissions to no more than three presenters. All presenters will be asked to publish a conference report in the NASIG Proceedings, which are published each year through the journal Serials Librarian.
Accepted presenters will be offered a $100 discount on the cost of registration.
If you have any questions, please contact the Program Planning Committee (PPC) Co-Chairs, Maria Collins and Wendy Robertson, at email@example.com.