NASIG’s 30th Annual Conference – NASIG at 30: Building the Digital Future
May 27th to May 30th 2015
NASIG delivers outstanding programming for everyone involved in the electronic resources, scholarly communications, continuing resource cataloging, and serials information chain. Join us at the Hilton Crystal City, just outside Washington, D.C. Between and after sessions, enjoy the National Mall, the Smithsonian Museums, and all that this wonderful city has to offer.
Please join us for our exciting joint program on information policies with the Society for Scholarly Publishing on Wednesday, May 27th, 2015. Admission to this program is included in your full conference registration. More details are available on the NASIG blog.
Check out our Post-conference workshops on May 30th and 31st:
- Getting Started With COUNTER Statistics (Jennifer Leffler)
- Introduction to Name and Title Authorities for Serials Catalogers (Les Hawkins & Hien Nguyen)
- Navigating Copyright as We Build the Digital Future (Lisa Macklin)
- Building Your Licensing and Negotiation Skills Toolkit (Claire Dygert)
For more information on the Post-conference workshops, sessions, and speakers, please see our online schedule: http://nasig2015.sched.org/
Rates and General Conference Information are included in the Registration link.
• Need to know the latest updates on standards and best practices from NISO?
• Need to know more about E-Resources Licensing, Licensing Lifecycles?
• Is your passion usage statistics and assessment of collections?
• Is collection management part of your workflow?
• Need to enhance your knowledge of open access and scholarly communication issues?
• Want to know more about ebook usage, moving to e-only collections, getting the most from your discovery tools and tracking systems, developing great assessment systems for usage data, and much more?
• Want to connect with vendors and other representative about new products, current offerings and ideas for enhancing your collections? Then don’t miss the Vendor Expo, May 29th, beginning at 11:45 am.
And please join us for a special celebration of NASIG’s 30th anniversary on the evening of May 29th at the Hilton Crystal City! We’ll have fantastic desserts, NASIG trivia, and plenty of fun.
NASIG continues its tradition of offering conferences that have strong, engaging programs and numerous opportunities to discuss issues and network in a relaxed environment with colleagues — publishers, vendors, print and e-resources providers, and librarians.
In addition to the keynote speakers (Dorothea Salo, Stephen Rhind-Tutt, and Anne Kenney), this year’s thirty-plus sessions provide an impressive array of topics to consider!
DATE: May 27-30, 2015
Post-conference Workshops: May 30 – 31
Vendor Expo: May 29 starting at 11:45 am
First Timer’s Reception: May 27, 5:00 pm at Hilton Crystal City
Conference Opening and Social: May 27, 6:00 pm at Hilton Crystal City
Hilton Crystal City, 2399 Jefferson Davis Highway, Arlington, VA 22202, USA
Room reservations at the conference rate
CONFERENCE CITY: Washington, D.C.
“NASIG is the place to be. It provides a venue for education, stimulating and
thought-provoking discussion, new ideas and the best networking opportunities that
can be had.” -Char Simser, Coordinator of Library Data and Electronic Publishing, Kansas
We look forward to seeing you in Washington!
Mark Hemhauser & Ted Westervelt
Co-Chairs, NASIG Conference Planning Committee