Dear NASIG members,
NASIG is seeking candidates to join the team of editors of the Conference Proceedings to serve a term of two years beginning late March 2015. This is a great opportunity for NASIG members who want to become actively involved in one of the best conferences in our field.
We are seeking excellent writers who have editing experience and are able to work under tight deadlines. The editors will form a team to prepare the print edition of the Proceedings. The Proceedings editors will recruit, select and organize volunteers who will take detailed notes at each program. A major responsibility will be communicating the requirements for the published Proceedings to conference speakers. Before the conference, speakers will be advised on submission formats, deadlines, and copyright requirements. After the conference, the editors will work with speakers on revisions. The editors must be diplomatic but firm about NASIG’s requirements.
The editors work under the general direction of the NASIG Executive Board Liaison. Specific qualifications include, but are not limited to, the following:
- NASIG membership and previous conference attendance
- Attendance at the NASIG conference for each conference year editing
- Prior editing/publishing experience
- Demonstrated writing ability
- Expertise with standard word processing programs
- Ability to send and receive attachments via e-mail
- Ability to share documents in Google Drive
- Ability to complete editorial work between July and January
Preference will be given to those applicants who address the specific qualifications listed above. Appointment is subject to approval by the NASIG Executive Board. To apply, send an e-mail byMonday, February 23rd outlining your specific qualifications and experience to Maria Collins, Proceedings Board Liaison at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include as attachments and/or links your current resume and writing samples.
For further information, contact: