NASIG’s 29th Conference: Taking Stock and Taming New Frontiers
May 1st to May 4th 2014
Fort Worth, Texas
NASIG delivers outstanding programming for everyone involved in the electronic resources, scholarly communications, continuing resource cataloging, and serials information chain. Join us downtown at the Hilton Fort Worth. Between sessions, enjoy Sundance Square, the Fort Worth Cultural District, and the Stockyards.
Check out our Pre-conferences:
• Building Your Licensing and Negotiation Skills Toolkit- Learn Best Practices in E-Resource Licensing and Negotiation for E-Resources
• Basic Serials Cataloging Workshop- Learn Basic Serials Cataloging using RDA & MARC21
• Big Deals and Squeaky Wheels: Taking Stock of your Stats- Learn E-Resource Assessment Techniques
• From Ideas to Action: Supporting Open Access at the local level
For more information on the Pre-conferences, sessions, and speakers, please see our online schedule.
Rates and General Conference Information are included in the Registration link.
• Need to know the latest updates on standards and best practices from NISO?
• Need to know more about E-Resources Licensing, Licensing Lifecycles?
• Is your passion usage statistics and assessment of collections?
• Is collection management part of your assignment?
• Need to enhance your knowledge of open access and scholarly communication issues?
• Want to know more about ebook usage, moving to e-only collections, getting the most from your discovery tools and tracking systems, developing great assessment systems for usage data, and much more?
• Want to connect with vendors and other representative about new products, current offerings and ideas for enhancing your collections? Then don’t miss the Vendor Expo, May 1st, beginning at 12:00 pm.
NASIG continues its tradition of offering conferences that have strong, engaging programs and numerous opportunities to discuss issues and network in a relaxed environment with colleagues — publishers, vendors, print and e-resources providers, and librarians.
In addition to the keynote speakers, this year’s thirty-seven sessions provide an impressive array of topics to consider!
DATE: May 1-4, 2014
Pre-conferences: April 30 – May 1
Vendor Expo: May 1 starting at 12:00 pm
Conference Opening and Social: May 1, 6:00 pm at Billy Bob’s Texas
LOCATION: Hilton Fort Worth, 815 Main St, Fort Worth, Texas, 76102, USA
CONFERENCE CITY: Fort Worth, TX – Average May Temperature 85°
“NASIG is the place to be. It provides a venue for education, stimulating and
thought-provoking discussion, new ideas and the best networking opportunities that
can be had.” Char Simser, Coordinator of Library Data and Electronic Publishing, Kansas
We look forward to seeing you in Fort Worth!
Michael Hanson & Janice Lindquist
Co-Chairs, NASIG Conference Planning Committee