On behalf of the Program Planning Committee (PPC), we’re pleased to announce the preconferences for the NASIG 29th Annual Conference in Fort Worth, TX! The preconference schedule is as follows:
Wednesday, April 30 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm
• ER Licensing and Negotiation – Session led by Claire Dygert (Assistant Director for Licensing and E-Resources, Florida Virtual Campus – Gainesville)
• RDA & Serials (Part 1 of 2) – Session led by Les Hawkins (CONSER Coordinator, Library of Congress) and Hien Nguyen (CONSER Specialist, Library of Congress)
Thursday, May 1 8:00 am – noon
• ER Assessment – Session led by Lea Currie (Head of Content Development, University of Kansas) and Angela Rathmel (Electronic Resources Librarian/Head, Serials Orders and Claims Unit, University of Kansas)
• Open Access – Session led by Amy Buckland (eScholarship, ePublishing & Digitization Coordinator, McGill University)
• RDA & Serials (Part 2 of 2) – Session led by Les Hawkins (CONSER Coordinator, Library of Congress) and Hien Nguyen (CONSER Specialist, Library of Congress)
The PPC is currently working with the speakers on finalizing the titles and abstracts for the preconferences, and this information will be available closer to the opening of registration. However, we wanted to get the preconference schedule information out early for those making their travel arrangements now.
If you have any questions, please direct them to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to seeing y’all in Fort Worth!
Kelli Getz & Anna Creech
PPC Chair and Vice-Chair