The agenda for the NISO Virtual Conference: Web-Scale Discovery Services: Transforming Access to Library Resources has been updated and finalized with several new speakers.
Date: November 20, 2013
Time: 11:00 – 5:00 p.m. (Eastern Time)
Event webpage: http://www.niso.org/news/events/2013/virtual/discovery
ABOUT THE VIRTUAL CONFERENCE
NISO’s third virtual conference, Web-Scale Discovery Services:
Transforming Access to Library Resources, will touch on the potential of discovery services, how to select a product, as well as the issues and challenges involved.
TOPICS AND SPEAKERS
* Keynote: Library Discovery: Past, Present and Some Futures – Lorcan Dempsey, Chief Strategist at OCLC and Vice President, OCLC Research
* Selecting a Web-scale Discovery Service: Evaluating the Options – Amy Hoseth, Coordinator for Onsite Services, Colorado State University Libraries
* Why Web-scale Discovery Means the End of Build vs. Buy – Cody Hanson, Acting Director, Web Development, University of Minnesota University Libraries
* Implementation: Delivering the Goods – Michael Kucsak, Director of Library Systems and Technology, University of North Florida
* Zen and the Art of Discovery Maintenance – Athena Hoeppner, Electronic Resources Librarian, University of Central Florida Libraries
* The Library with a Thousand Databases: Web Scale Discovery and The Hero’s Journey – Matthew Reidsma, Web Services Librarian, Grand Valley State University Libraries
* Update on the NISO Open Discovery Initiative – Marshall Breeding, Independent Consultant and co-chair, NISO Open Discovery Initiative
* Conference Roundtable with all the speakers
Registration is per site (access for one computer) and closes at 12:00 pm Eastern on November 19, 2013 (the day before the virtual conference).
Discounts are available for NISO members and students.
All virtual conference registrants receive access to the recorded version for one year.
Visit the event webpage to register and for more information: