The deadline for applications for the 2014 COUNTER Travel Awards is fast approaching. Applications must be received before 31 October 2013!
As one of COUNTER’s aims is to encourage publishers and librarians to work together internationally, two Travel Awards will be made for 2014, as follows:
- One Award to provide funding for younger information professionals from outside the UK to attend the 2014 UK Serials Group Annual Conference (14-16 April 2014, Harrogate, UK)
- One Award to provide funding for younger information professionals from outside North America to attend the 2014 Charleston Conference (5-9 November 2014, Charleston, SC)
Information professionals who are employed either in academic libraries or in smaller, not-for-profit publishers ( with total annual revenues less than $US5 million/£3.3 million) and who graduated from college or university, for the first time, with a Bachelor’s (or equivalent) degree no earlier than 2005, will be eligible to enter this competition for a COUNTER Travel Award.
Each Travel Award is worth £1,000 (approx.US$1,500)
The winners of the COUNTER Travel Awards will be decided by the COUNTER Executive Committee on the basis of submissions supported by the candidate’s Library Director or Senior Manager. These submissions must contain the following information:
- A Letter of Support from the candidate’s Library Director or Senior Manager, stating why the candidate would benefit professionally from attending the relevant conference
- A Curriculum Vitae for the candidate, listing qualifications and professional experience, with relevant dates
- Evidence of the candidate’s interest in usage statistics. Evidence that will be acceptable includes: published articles, conference presentations, conference posters, projects in which they have participated
The decision of the COUNTER Executive Committee will be final.
Submissions should be sent by email to COUNTER at: pshepherd@projectCounter.org
Submissions must be received by COUNTER before 17.00 hrs GMT on Thursday 31 October 2013.