The third annual Great Lakes E-Resources Summit will be taking place at Maumee Bay State Park Lodge and Conference Center in Oregon Ohio from September 23-24, 2013.
There are two tracks to choose from:
OPEN ACCESS & SCHOLARLY COMMUNICATION track features:
- Lucy Duhon, University of Toledo will get the conversation started with an introduction to Open Access
- Dave Scherer of Purdue University will address open access initiatives at Purdue
- Kristi Palmer IUPUI’s Digital Libraries Team Leader will discuss open peer review
- Anneliese Taylor, UC-San Francisco’s Assistant Director Scholarly Communications & Collections will focus in on UCSF experience and the diverse landscape of scholarly communication
LICENSING & COPYRIGHT track features:
- Cindy Kristof of Kent State University will lead off with a session on copyright
- Tom Lipinski, Professor and Director of Kent State’s SLIS program and nationally-known expert on licensing and copyright will feature the top ten (more or less) licensing pitfalls
- Nancy Beals (Wayne State University), Barb Dunham (The Ohio State University), Deberah England (Wright State University), and Andrea Langhurst (University of Notre Dame) will spotlight tips, tools and techniques that can improve license workflow
- Kevin Smith, Duke University’s Director of Copyright & Scholarly Communications will address two sessions: copyright and licensing issues for developing technologies and making policy in the new intellectual property environment
For more information: http://greatlakese-summit.blogspot.com/
Or you may also contact GreatLakesSummit@gmail.com with questions.