Submit Your Manuscript Today! The Serials Librarian is currently seeking manuscripts on a rolling basis for the 2013 volume year.
The Serials Librarian is an international journal covering all aspects of the management of serials and other continuing resources in any format – print, electronic, etc. – ranging from their publication, to their abstracting and indexing by commercial services, and their collection and processing by libraries.
Possible topics include, but are not limited to:
- Case studies reporting how libraries/consortia acquire and manage content (in whatever format)
- Literature reviews tracing developments in the field (e.g., the history of copyright and legislation devised to prevent “piracy”)
- Annotated bibliographies to aid collection development decisions (e.g., a selected list of government serials useful in urban studies)
- New models for library-publisher commerce beyond “the big deal”
- Procedural innovations in processing or organizing e-resources
- Reports on uses of tools such as ERM’s, discovery products, etc., including ideas related to staffing workflows
- Open access, whether “green”, “gold” or hybrid
- Peer review and the future of the journal gatekeeping function
- Studies of end-user ease of access
- Theoretical or speculative pieces addressing issues within the scope of the journal (e.g., does RDA adequately adjudicate concerns about serials title changes? )
Please note that we are also interested in finding interesting content for our existing set of columns and that proposals for an entirely new column are welcome. All manuscripts should be submitted electronically to the journal’s ScholarOne website: http://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/WSER
Questions or other requests can be sent to the journal’s editors, Louise Cole and Andrew Shroyer, at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information about The Serials Librarian, including complete submission instructions, please visit the journal’s webpage: www.tandfonline.com/WSER