NASIG 28th Annual Conference
The Art of Information/The Architecture of Knowledge
June 6 – 9, 2013
Buffalo, New York
The 2013 Program Planning Committee (PPC) invites proposals for conference sessions. Publishers, vendors, librarians, and others in the field of electronic resources and serials are encouraged to submit proposals relating to scholarly communication, publishing, resource acquisition, management, and discovery. Proposals based on emerging trends, case studies, and descriptive and experimental research findings are encouraged.
This year PPC would like to develop programs focusing on the Core Competencies that the NASIG Core Competency Task Force developed for Electronic Resources Librarians. Please refer to the Core Competencies for the draft document.
Program topics from the Core Competencies:
- Electronic resource life cycle and management
- Collection analysis and development
- Standards and systems of cataloging and classification, metadata, and indexing
- Technology and providing access to electronic resources
- Licensing and legal framework
- Standards, initiatives, and best practices
- Scholarly communication
Please use the online form to submit a proposal or program or idea. This Call for Proposals will close on September 14, 2012.
Please note the following:
- The Program Planning Committee welcomes proposals that are still in the formative stages, and may work with potential presenters to focus their proposals further.
- Proposals should name any particular products or services that are integral to the content of the presentation. However, as a matter of NASIG policy, programs should not be used as a venue to promote or attack any product, service, or institution.
- Time management issues generally limit each session to two to three speakers for conference sessions. Panels of four (4) or more speakers must be discussed in advance with the Program Planning Committee (email@example.com)
- Please refer to the NASIG reimbursement policy for reimbursement of speaker expenses.
Inquiries may be sent to PPC at: firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to a great conference in Buffalo!
Karen Davidson and Kelli Getz
NASIG PPC Chair and Vice-Chair