The NASIG Newsletter regularly publishes reports on the annual conference in the September issue. We need volunteer reporters to cover the conference events, including the preconferences; vision, strategy, and tactics sessions; informal discussion groups; and user groups. We are soliciting your help in covering the sessions at the 2012 conference in Nashville, Tennessee, for inclusion in the Newsletter. We would like to cover all sessions.
If you are planning to attend the conference and are interested in submitting a report on a session, please contact Ning Han (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please indicate the session(s) that you would like to cover.
The following guidelines will apply:
- The reporter’s name will appear in the byline as the author of the report.
- The deadline for submitting a Newsletter conference report is June 30, 2012 (about 3 weeks after the conference) for inclusion in the September issue.
- Reports are generally summaries of presentations and may vary somewhat in length, scope, and depth of coverage, at the reporters’ discretions; reports must be full prose (not outlines or written out notes) and preferably between 250-500 words.
- The Newsletter Editorial Board reserves the right to edit reports to any degree, or to not publish any report it deems inappropriate or unsatisfactory.
- Reporting for the Newsletter is not the same as recording for the Conference Proceedings; Newsletter reports are generally less substantial than articles in the Proceedings.
- NASIG members, and especially the Newsletter Editorial Board, will be very appreciative and grateful for your report!
Newsletter submission editor