26TH ANNUAL CONFERENCE (2011)
ST. LOUIS, MO
BUSINESS MEETING AGENDA AND BRAINSTORMING TOPIC
Below are the agenda for the annual NASIG business meeting and the topic for the brainstorming session. The business meeting will take place on Friday, June 3, 2011 at 4:00 pm and will segue directly into the brainstorming session. President Katy Ginanni will preside over the business meeting, and Bob Persing will serve as parliamentarian. The brainstorming session will be facilitated by June Garner and will end at 5:15.
BUSINESS MEETING AGENDA
- Call to order
- Highlights from the past year, presented by Katy Ginanni
- Secretary’s report, presented by Carol Ann Borchert
- Treasurer’s report, presented by Lisa Blackwell
- Introduction of the 2011-2012 board, presented by Eleanor Cook (Nominations & Elections Committee chair)
- Recognition of outgoing board members and committee chairs, presented by Chris Brady (Awards & Recognition Committee chair), with assistance from Jessica Ireland (A&R vice-chair)
- Discussion of old business
- Call for new business
Topic of brainstorming: The NASIG name, vision and mission.
During the 2010 brainstorming session, there was some brief discussion of the NASIG name, and whether we should think about altering or changing it. This is something that the executive board has discussed over the last several years. That topic seems to lead into something that came up during last year’s contingency planning session, and that is whether or not NASIG needs to re-define our vision and mission statements. (Discussion will be facilitated by June Garner.)