Feb. 15, 2011
The NASIG Newsletter needs YOU to provide brief reports of conferences, meetings, seminars, and other serial and e-resources related events NASIG members have attended.
The best reports are informal, hitting the main points and piquing interest to know more. We will edit to NASIG style; just present the material as if you were informing a colleague about an interesting event — because that is just what you will be doing.
We are seeking reports for these events in the recent past:
- ALA 2011 Midwinter Meeting
- NISO Webinar: The Three S’s Electronic Resource Management: Systems, Standards and Subscriptions
- The 7th Annual Society for Scholarly Publishing (SSP) Librarian Focus Group: “A Forum for Publishers and Librarians”
- Association of Subscription Agents & Intermediaries (ASA) Annual Conference 2011: Recession is the Mother of Invention
We are seeking reports for these future events (and any others!) Remember, if it interested you, it will interest others in the field:
- 2011 NCNMLG/MLGSCA Joint Meeting
- Alaska Library Association Annual Conference
- Electronic Resources and Libraries
- ACRL 2011 Annual Conference
And let’s look ahead to:
- UKSG 2011 Annual Conference
- ALCTS Webinar: Organizing the Evaluation of Electronic Resources
- Ohio Valley Group of Technical Services Librarians 2011 Conference: Technical Services Renaissance
- NASIG 26th Annual Conference
- American Library Association Annual Conference
- SLA 2011 Annual Conference & INFO-EXPO
- 104th AALL Annual Meeting
There are truly too many serial and e-resource related events at these conferences to list them all easily, but of course we are especially interested in programs sponsored by continuing resources interest groups or sections.
Please send your submission directly to Ning Han at email@example.com by March 31st, 2011. Word, OpenOffice, .rtf and plain text submissions are acceptable.