Dear NASIG Members,
We are seeking a Conference Report/Calendar editor to assist with the publication of the NASIG Newsletter.
The Conference Editor works closely with the Editor-in-Chief and other Newsletter Editorial Board members to ensure timely and effective production of the NASIG Newsletter, and to develop and implement improvements for its process, policies, content, structure, and appearance.
Production of the September issue of the Newsletter requires a period of very intensive work within short turn-around times in the 2-3 weeks pre-conference and in the 4 weeks post-conference. The editor will routinely find this commitment requires occasional evening and/or weekend hours.
Specific, routine tasks:
- Coordinate assignment of reporters for all conference sessions
- Meet and/or communicate with reporters at the conference to ensure coverage
- Coordinate submission of all conference reports
- Edit all submissions and route them for final approval to the Copy Editor and Editor-in-Chief by the September issue’s copy editing target date
- Follow the established Style Sheet, input basic style and formatting details
- Search for and submit appropriate entries for the dynamic calendar in NASIGWeb, including additions submitted by NASIG members. Submits updates to the Digital Commons site on a monthly basis.
Required qualities and skills: reliability; flexibility; initiative; creativity; dedication to producing a high quality and timely product; effective communication and organization skills; ability to maintain good working relationships with others, esp. within in a geographically dispersed team; convenient internet access for upload/download from the Digital Commons site; excellent copy editing skills; ability to complete all copy editing for the September issue within the designated time frame; ability to meet monthly deadlines for updates to the NASIG Calendar.
Desired qualities and skills: basic skills with a recent Windows version of Microsoft Word.
Deadline: September 20th
To apply: Send a letter of interest outlining your qualifications and a writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org by Sept. 20th.