The Conference Planning Committee wanted to provide an update on the 25th annual Conference.
1. Conference Housing
Have you made your reservation for the Annual NASIG Conference in Palm
Spring, CA on June 2-6 (http://www.nasig.org/conference_registration.cfm?
Our first cut off for our room block at Rancho Las Palmas is May 2, 2010. After May 2, 2010 rooms will be on a space availability basis at our group rate. If you are planning on coming to what promises to be a great conference, make your reservations soon to snag a room at a great price! (http://www.nasig.org/conference_hotel.cfm)
Haven’t decided if you are coming? Check out all of the information on the conference website. Checkout the excellent programming and fun events. Travel information is posted on the conference website for the local airports, taxis and shuttles. Don’t forget to use the Discussion Forums (http://www.nasig.org/forums.cfm) for lining up roommates for the conference, hooking up for Super Shuttle rides and general conference questions.
2. NASIG supports efforts to be as “green” as possible, so for this year’s 25th Annual Conference in Palm Springs, we will not be distributing new bags. Instead, we are going to hold a NASIG Bag Contest. We encourage everyone to search high and low for old conference bags, and bring them to the conference. Please bring one or more bags that you have collected at NASIG and other conferences. Re-use one of yours, swap with a friend or donate bags to other conference attendees.
Attendees can enter one or more bags for the NASIG Bag Contest and prizes will be awarded for bags in the following categories:
- Bag from any conference held the longest ago
- Bag from the conference held at the greatest distance from Palm Springs
- Bag from the oldest NASIG meeting
- The ugliest all around bag
See you in Palm Springs!!!!