At the resort (or very near-by within walking distance):
- Water activities: swim, waterfalls, waterslides.
- Relax: 23 private cabanas, restaurant pavilion and two hot plunge spas.
- Exercise: Chase a small white ball around 18 holes, or a yellow ball on either of the two tennis courts, keep up your exercise routine at the workout centre, or hiking. Just across the street from Tapatio Cliffs, there is the North Mountain park with hiking trails. Remember, Arizona is hot in June, so hike early in the morning or late in the evening and always carry a water bottle with you.
- North Mountain Visitor Center was one of the Points of Pride finalist sites this year and you don’t want to miss that during your visit to Phoenix.
Local things (within driving distance):
- For tea connoisseurs: Souvia is a local award winning tea shop, about 3 miles north of Tapatio Cliff. It is a lovely, little, contemporary tea shop, having high quality tea from 100 different varieties of loose-leaf around the world. They also have another location in Scottsdale.
- Shopping your thing? Check out Old Town Scottsdale . There are many little shops with all kinds of interesting gift ideas. Some are inexpensive and kind of quirky and some are very nice. Nearby to Old Town is Fashion Square Mall if you want to shop at some of the big name stores.
- Antiquing is also near-by in Glendale, AZ. Downtown Glendale has many antique stores, tea rooms and cute little places to eat.
A little further…if you have a day or two extra and have a car, head up to Sedona , the Red Rocks are Majestic. The traffic is a little congested but it is well worth it.